In a previous post, you have learned about the “Recall” function in WeChat. With the recall function, you can undo your sent messages within a specific period of time. This time, you’re going to learn another useful WeChat function and it’s all about direct message translation.
With the direct message translation, you can instantly translate any text or message that you have sent or receive via WeChat into the default language that you’ve set on your device. So, for example, if you receive a message in Spanish, then you can directly translate it into English.
How to easily translate messages in WeChat
- Launch your WeChat mobile messaging application.
- Once you’re on the messaging app, open or load any of your existing conversations. You can also try sending a test message to one of your contacts. Make sure to send your test message in a different language.
- After sending your message, just long-press on it and on the menu that appears, select “Translate”.
- Wait for a few seconds and that’s it. The message that you’ve selected will be automatically translated into the default language of your device. The translation will be placed right below the original message or text.
- To restore the old message without the translation, just long-press on it again and then on the menu that appears, select “Show Original”.
It’s really that simple. So go ahead and give it a try.