The LG G3 Beat is another variant of last year’s flagship smartphone from the Life’s Good company. It too has gotten timely updates to keep device owners happy with the version of operating system and software. However, the earlier exploit is now patched and people will need to root using this method for Android Lollipop software. Furthermore, you can use this same rooting method if you are still using Android KitKat too. It doesn’t matter which version of Lollipop or KitKat–it should for all software versions to date.
FILES YOU NEED:
- Download the LG_Root.zip to the desktop of the Windows PC.
- Download the LG USB Drivers (link found by scrolling down the page).
HOW TO ROOT LG G3 BEAT ON ANDROID 4.4 KITKAT OR 5.0 LOLLIPOP (ANY FIRMWARE VERSION)
- Extract the rooting package to the desktop of the PC so it is unzipped and you can use the files inside.
- Connect the LG G3 Beat to the computer with the USB cable.
- Open the root folder you unzipped and right-click and press Shift on a white empty space within that folder. Now you’ll see a new menu pop-up, select to open the command window from the list.
- Type your first command into the command prompt window: “adb.exe devices”
– don’t forget to confirm each command by pressing the Enter key on the keyboard after typing the command.
- Wait for the results to connect your device is connected.
- Type (or copy and paste) the next command: “adb.exe push busybox /data/local/tmp/ && adb.exe push lg_root.sh /data/local/tmp && adb.exe push UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp”
- Unplug the Beat smartphone from the computer and completely power it down by holding in the Power button.
- Reboot the Beat smartphone in Download Mode by pressing the Volume Up key and connecting the USB cable to the computer.
- The USB Drivers should automatically install here. Follow the message on the device display which should read “do not unplug the USb connection”.
- Now you must find out the COM port for your device.
- To do that, look inside the root file you unzipped earlier on the desktop and double click the ports.bat file to open it.
- Inside the ports bat file will tell you the port number for you. Note that number and move to the next steps.
- Type the following command into the command prompt: “Send_Command.exe \\.\COM4” replacing the “Com4” with whatever COM number yours reads. “
- Now type your last command: “sh /data/local/tmp/lg_root.sh dummy 1 /data/local/tmp/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp/busybox”
That’s it! You are done. You can pull out the smartphone’s battery to get out of the Download Mode. Re-insert the battery and turn the Beat smartphone on once again and take control of your Google account.