In Chrome, there are numerous types of extensions that allow you to automatically play YouTube videos in full screen. Now, what if you want a similar option that is not only exclusive to YouTube videos? Well, if that’s the case, you can choose to automatically expand or enlarge videos from any site by following the steps listed in this post. It will work regardless of the video host or source.
Just keep in mind that this method is only applicable to Chrome users.
How to automatically expand videos from any site in Chrome
- Go to this page and install the “Universal VideoMaximizer” extension for Chrome.
- After the Universal VideoMaximizer extension has been successfully installed, just go to any website or page with videos. You can go to YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc. You can even go to sites or pages with embedded videos.
- Now, go ahead and play the video that you want.
- By default, the video will be shown in its default size. If you want to expand it, just click the extension’s icon on the omnibar and the video will be automatically resized to fit the window. Do note that the enlarged version of the video is different from playing it in full screen as the former will still give you the option to resize the tab.
- To restore the video to its default size, just click the extension’s icon once again.
- So that’s it. This extension usually works on any site including the official YouTube site, Yahoo Screen, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Ustream, Veoh, LiveLeak, etc.