Custom recoveries perform all the same tasks as the stock Android recovery, but come with some added extra features. You’ll love taking a NANDroid backup compared to scouring Google Play for plenty of individual backup apps to store data for pictures, videos, phone contacts, settings, the FES folder for Samsung devices and more. Just like apps for backing up, there are several ways to install ClockworkMod recovery on Android. For Samsung, we usually try and install it through Odin as often as possible because it’s simple. An even easier method is using a One-Click installer package that doesn’t require Odin at all. Here’s how to use the One-Click installer:
You need to turn on the Samsung Galaxy S6 device and point to Settings > About Device. Now look at the About Device menu where it says the model number and double check it does match with G900F. This is critically important, as a different model number will brick your device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Unlock the Developer Options menu if you don’t have it available from the Settings menu yet. To unlock the hidden mode, tap your finger on the Settings > About Device and over the build number seven times until it tells you that it’s now unlocked on the display.
- Once successfully unlocked, the Developer Options menu is now available from the Settings. Enter it and enable the USB Debugging Mode from inside.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones by hitting up our link on the site, or by installing them direct from Samsung.
HOW TO FLASH CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 G900F
- Download the One-Click CWM Recovery installer here.
- You’ll need to download something like WinRAR to unzip and extract the package.
- Once you download the CWM installer to the desktop and you gave WinRAR installed, right-click the mouse over the file on the desktop and click the “extract here” option from the menu.
- Once extracted, you will find 6 or 7 files inside, one of which is the “1-click-CWM-recovery-installer.bat” file.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone to the Windows PC that contains the files above.
- Click the mouse over the aforementioned recovery installer bat file.
- Now you’ll see some quick on-screen instructions to follow, you must follow to finish installing the recovery.
Now you are ready to flash a custom ROM and change the appearance of your Galaxy S6. Always read reviews on the latest ROMs before installing, as each is made by a different developer and some more skilled than others.