As long as you are running one of the Android Lollipop updates known for the LG G3 smartphones before writing this post, your device will gain root access by using this nifty One-Click rooting script especially made for your device. While the old Android KitKat came with some sweet software features like the transparent status and navigation bars, better multitasking, camera improvements and speed enhancements, the old root method doesn’t work for the latest Lollipop. If you were to try the KitKat root method on Lollipop, your device will get s soft-brick. That’s why you must learn how to root LG G3 F400 on Android 5.0 Lollipop.
- The following rooting script found in this guide does work for several model numbered G3 variants. The F400 is one of those. If you have a different model number, I advise you seek a guide using the same script, just in case the script isn’t available for your handset.
- Correspondingly, you need to be on the Android Lollipop software update. This method works for 5.0, 5.01 and 5.1 Lollipop.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- We suggest installing the LG USB Drivers if you haven’t connected your G3 to the computer in some time. That way it won’t fail when attempting to connect with the script during the guide. Most times, you need to reboot the PC to have the drivers working; therefore, it’s best to bookmark this page, reboot and come back to the guide.
- You might not have the Developer Options menu unlocked as it starts off hidden in recent software updates such as Lollipop. You can unlock it by a few quick taps over the build number that’s available from the About Device menu. keep tapping your finger over the build number and it will eventually tell you the Developer Options menu is unlocked.
- Head back to the home-screen and tap the Settings app once again. Now scroll down from the Settings to find the new Developer Options menu. tap to open the menu and enable the USB Debugging mode.
HOW TO ROOT THE LG G3 F400 ON ANDROID 5.0 LOLLIPOP
- Download the LG rooting script here to the desktop of the Windows PC. That’s the latest version. The other version is version 1.2. try the newer version first and if that doesn’t work try the older version.
- Extract the package on the desktop by right-clicking the mouse over the file and select the “extract here” option.
- You’ll now see the executable files inside. Locate the bat file and drag it over to the desktop.
- Connect the LG G3 to the Windows PC where you have the files on the desktop.
- Double click the mouse over the bat file and it will start the One-Click rooting program
- Follow the instructions on the display. It will guide you through what you need to do.
- Now that you are done, it’s time ot install a custom recovery if you plan to install a custom ROM.