The “Life’s Good” company weren’t always known for making quality products. For example, back in my father’s days, they operated under the same “LG” but with a different slogan. They left such a sour taste, that he usually won’t buy anything from LG. However, people a tad younger and from my generation know LG as a top quality brand that run Android for a mobile operating system. A select few might also know them as the brand that made the Google TV. Google own Android and have updated the LG G3 F400L variant with the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop. If you are running 5.0, 5.01 or even 5.,1 Lollipop, this guide below should be all you need to gain root access.
The guides for most software updates under the Android Lollipop name. To date, there are currently no updates that have rolled out this tool doesn’t work on. However, if you are reading this in the future and additional software updates have arrived over the air, we cannot guarantee this guide works. Moreover, if you are no longer running Lollipop and are running Android M, we suggest seeking a new guide for that.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You must unlock the Developer Options menu so you can open it from the Settings. Android Lollipop doesn’t come with the hidden menu by default, however, it is easy enough to open. Turn on the G3, tap the Settings, followed by the About Device menu. Now look on the display for where it says build number. tap your finger over the build number at least 7 time or until it tells you the Developer Options is now unlocked.
- Once unlocked, you can navigate back out of the About Device menu and find the new unlocked Developer Options from the Settings. Enter the Developer Options and enable the USB Debugging Mode by checking the box. Tap the back button to leave and it will remember your preferences.
- If you are not finding success using this guide, download the LG USB Drivers. If you haven’t used the smartphone connected to the Windows computer recently, it’s best to download them now. After downloading, the new drivers will allow the G3 smartphone to “talk” with the computer so you can finish the guide.
HOW TO ROOT THE LG G3 F400L ON ANDROID 5.0 LOLLIPOP
- Download the rooting script here to the desktop of the Windows PC.
- Extract the file by right-clicking over the file and choosing the “extract here” option from the menu.
- You should find a bat file in the file, along with several other files. It’s only the bat file we want. Click and drag the bat file over to the desktop.
- Connect the G3 to the same computer that you downloaded the file and wait a few seconds.
- Double click the bat file you extracted earlier and it will open the rooting program.
- You should see something that resembles the command prompt utility for Windows.
- Follow the easy instructions on the computer’s display to finish gaining root access.