The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 with model number P5200 is a popular tablet available in India. If you are up and running on the Android KitKat software update, you can open the system internals with root access using our guide. Once you have root on P5200, you can install root-only apps available to help boost the system performance. You can also install a custom recovery like team Win’s TWRP and think about updating your software via a custom ROM. It’s a great idea if your carrier and OEM refuse to update to the latest software. You’ll need to check which ROMs are available as they are supported by third-party developers and not the official Android developers.
You can use the P5200 model numbered variant of the Tab 3 10.1 only. Moreover, check that the OS is running Android 4.2.2 through to Android 4.4 KitKat. We cannot be sure this guide works if your tablet is updated to Android 5.0 in the future.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers from our page. If you are having trouble getting the guide to work, double check you have downloaded the drivers on your computer. Now reboot the Windows PC and start the guide again. It could be your drivers required a computer reset for them to work.
- You are voiding the warranty by following this guide. You can always unroot by following an unroot guide. The KingRoot tool does not trip Knox which means you can send it away under warranty after unrooting.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 3 10.1 P5200
- Download the KingRoot tool from XDA here.
- It’s a One-Click rooting app that needs installing just like you would any other app.
- Open the app on your device as you would to run the tool.
- Once it tells you that your device is supported, click the “Try to root” button.
- Now just wait until the app roots your device.
- The app will give you a “success” message when it’s complete.