Samsung Galaxy S6 users who have updated to the latest Android 5.1.1 installment, namely XXU2OBFl firmware, can now gain root access on it by following this guide. You can choose to install root-only apps from Google Play after you finish, or flash a custom recovery, which will then allow you to flash a custom ROM on your device.
Use the guide on the Sammy S6 with model number G920F only. You cannot use a different model number as each number requires a separate file. You can anytime check the model number from the About Device menu.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Unlock the hidden Developer Options on your software by tapping the build number repeatedly until the counter on the display counts you down to zero. Now you can find the Developer Options from the Settings menu.
- Enter the Developer Options and enable the USB Debugging Mode.Download the Samsung USB Drivers on the Windows computer.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 G920F ON ANDROID 5.1.1 (XXU2BOFL)
- Download the rooting file here.
- Download our reliable version of Odin here.
- Extract both files on the desktop by right-clicking over the file and selecting the “extract here” option.
- Now that you can see both executable files, start the Odin tool so it’s running on the Windows PC.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy G6 by holding in the Power button for no less than 10 seconds.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S6 to download mode.
- Now that you are in the Download Mode, connect it to the Windows PC with the USB cable.
- Odin will detect your S6 handset and you are ready to start using Odin.
- if you don’t see the ID: COM port picking up your device, it’s probably a USB driver issue. Download the Samsung USB Drivers above.
- Click the PDA button and upload the CF-Auto-Root tool from the desktop.
- leave the default Odin Settings as you already see them.
- Click the Start button and now wait until the Odin tool flashes your device with the root access.
- Your device will eventually reboot after 10-15 minutes and the “Pas” message will be on the display.
- At this time, you are able to unplug from the computer and take control of your Google account once again.