A new version of Team Win’s TWRP is readily available for Samsung galaxy S6 Edge smartphone users. As you probably know, you sometimes need a specific TWRP file to flash to your device since they aren’t universal. Due to some additional security features that come along with Android 5.0 and 5.1 Lollipop, the team has had to update TWRP recovery to version 220.127.116.11 and you can flash that running Lollipop on your S6 Edge by using the guide after the jump.
- The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925F and G925i.
- Navigate to the Settings > About Device and check the model number matches up with yours.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the TWRP Recovery file here.
- Download the custom kernel here.
- Download Odin 3.10 here.
- Disable the reactivation lock feature from the Settings.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE RUNNING ANDROID 5.0/5.1 LOLLIPOP
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to the Windows computer where you downloaded the three files above.
- Unzip and extract the files by right-clicking over them.
- Transfer the custom kernel (Alex-V_Kernel_S6_Edge_1.2.zip) to the internal SD card storage.
- Completely power off the device and disconnect it from the computer.
- Boot the Edge into Download Mode using the hardware keys.
- Run the Odin program on your computer.
- Connect the S6 Edge to the computer again. Odin should now detect your device. If not, try downloading the Samsung USB drivers. The computer might require a reboot after downloading the drivers.
- Browse the desktop for the TWRP file and click the Start button without changing Odin’s default Settings.