Installing TWRP is the only way you can begin installing custom ROMs on your handset. While installing those root-only apps sure are fun, nothing quite hits the spot like a sweet ROM to showcase the latest version of Android you could be running. If I’ve managed to twist your finger, here’s how to install TWRP Recovery on your Huawei Honor 6 smartphone:
- You can do this before rooting the handset with SuperSU using our guide.
- You should be running Android 5.1 Lollipop to install this version of custom recovery image.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Install the ADB Drivers on your Windows PC from our downloads page.
- Take a backup of your current ROM before starting. You do not wipe the ROM but you might wish to reset it.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode from the Developer Options.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY N THE HUAWEI HONOR 6
1. Download the TWRP recovery you want from here to the desktop of the PC.
2. Extract the file just like you would any other.
3. Right-lick the mouse on an empty white area where there’s no file in the recovery folder and hold the Shift key.
4. Choose to open the Command prompt window from the menu that its popping up on the display.
5. Type the commands:
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot devices
- fastboot flash recovery twrp_188.8.131.52_hwh6_5.1.img
6. Now you have the recovery image flashed on your handset. To reboot the recovery mode, type “adb reboot recovery” and you’re ready for learning how to root the Huawei Honor 6.