One of the main reasons for people rooting Androids tablets and smartphones is to remove the bloatware. That’s especially true when talking about Samsung since they are one of the companies at the forefront of bloating devices with an abundance of what they consider useful stock apps. Fittingly, a group of third-party developers who love Samsung joined forces to create the ultimate Samsung Galaxy debloating tool. Let’s see how it’s done:
- You can only use the debloater script on Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablets. It can be anything from the Galaxy series.
- You must have a custom recovery installed. Choose from TWRP or CWM Recovery.
HOW TO REMOVE UNWANTED BLOATWARE FROM SAMSUNG GALAXY DEVICES
- Point to the XDA Developers thread here and download the tool.
- Transfer the file from the computer to the internal SD card of your Galaxy device.
- Completely power off your galaxy by holding the Power button for 10 seconds.
- Reboot it in the custom recovery mode. Hold the Power + Home + Volume Up keys at the same time to enter the recovery mode.
- Take a NANDroid backup from inside recovery before starting.
- Look for the “Install” option from the recovery menu and browse the internal storage for the Galaxy_Cleaner.zip file.
- Continue to install the new tool and then head back to the main recovery menu and choose to reboot the system.
- The bloatware is automatically uninstalled and you’re device should be instantly faster. Cheers!
If you are missing some of the apps and wish you could have them back, you can easily download stock app APKs via a Google search including your device name.