Custom ROMs are always the main attraction with gaining rooting privileges and you cannot flash a custom ROM until you install a custom recovery. Unlike a stock recovery, the custom variant lets you flash zip files and that’s where we get our ROMs. Here’s how to install TWRP recovery on the HTC One M8 Eye smartphone.
- The Eye variant of the M8 handset.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options. Unlock the Developer Options if you can’t find it from the Settings.
- Install the HTC USB Drivers on your computer. Likewise, you must have a Windows PC to follow the tutorial.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON HTC ONE M8 EYE
- Download the TWRP recovery file from here to the desktop.
- Extract the file so you can use it by right-clicking over the file and choosing the “extract here” option.
- Connect the M8 Eye to the same computer.
- Completely power off the smartphone.
- Boot the M8 to Bootloader Mode. Hold the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time and you should get into Bootloader Mode.
- Select Fastboot from the menu by scrolling with the power keys.
- Open the command prompt on the computer and type “fastboot devices”.
- Type the next command: “cd Desktop”. You should now have have the command prompt window on the desktop where you have the TWRP file.
- Reboot the M8 Eye to bootloader mode again.
- Choose recovery from the menu and you’ll now be in the custom recovery.
Now you have successfully installed the custom recovery image, let’s see how to root the HTC One M8 Eye.