Those who remembered last year’s grand opening of the OnePlus One smartphone should have no trouble remembering how much of a mess the OnePlus team made with the invite system. Because the OnePlus manufacturers only had a limited supply to meet demand, they decided to create an original invite system where only people with invites can order the handset. To get an invite the last year, you needed to know somebody who had had an invite before and now have their smartphone.
Most people weren’t too fond of the unique invite only system to help supply meet only the demand that’s waiting at the front of the queue, but it looks like that’s now returning for a second stint with the OnePlus 2 handset, as the OEM isn’t prepared to come up with another way of going about it’s business just yet.
With that being said, you don’t need to shy away from the device completely. There are a few tricks you can try to help improve your chances and hopefully land that second-generation OnePlus handset you have been waiting for.
TWO WAYS TO GET A ONEPLUS 2 INVITE
- Point your browser to this page https://oneplus.net/invites
- Join the queue
- Here’s the secret: remaining in the queue like everybody else will see an eventual smartphone in your hands. However, if you get more people to join the queue, the OnePlus team will reportedly bump you up the line.
- Get hold of an invite from a friend who has already gotten the invite themselves.
- If you go back to the same invite page on the official OnePlus website and scroll down, you’ll see some notes about joining a newsletter and a forum.
- You don’t need real life friends to assist you here. Join the forum and get chatting to meet new people. You can score an invite this way once you tickle somebodies fancy. Just be smart with the way you go about it. if they can tell you are only after an invite, you probably won’t get one.