If you have had enough of the great root-only apps available after gaining root access on Android, you can easily unroot your device without too much hassle. By successfully unrooting your device, you should find your device working as well as it once did out of the box.
- The guide is only for the Samsung Galaxy Express with model number I8730. You can check that from the About Device menu.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You must use a Windows PC to follow this guide. The Odin tool doesn’t work with other operating systems.
- We advise you install the Samsung USB Drivers before starting so you don’t find any conflicts.
HOW TO UNROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY EXPRESS GT-I8730
- Download the firmware file from Sam Mobile here.
- Download Odin from here.
- Extract the firmware file and the Odin file to the desktop by right-clicking the mouse and selecting to extract it here.
- Double click and run the Odin program and leave it there.
- Completely power off the Galaxy Express by holding the power button for 10 seconds.
- Reboot the Galaxy Express in Download Mode by holding the Power + Home + Volume Down keys together.
- Connect the Galaxy to the same computer where you downloaded the files.
- Click the PDA button inside Odin and upload the firmware file from the extracted folder.
- Click the Start button and wait until the firmware flashing completes.
If you do decide to gain root access again, you might require a different to the one you originally used.