If you are wanting a custom ROM, first you’ll need to install a custom recovery. Core prime owners hadn’t had any luck on that front until a few days ago. Now though, TWRP recovery is available to install on the Samsung Galaxy Core prime. Here’s what you need to do to have it running on your Sammy device:
- The guide only works for the prime variant of the Samsung Galaxy Core.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Enable the USB Debugging option which allows you to connect the Core prime to the computer.
- You may only use a Windows computer to complete this guide. The Odin app doesn’t work for Mac or Linux machines.
- You do void the warranty by following this guide. You’ll need to restore the stock recovery if you want the warranty working again.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones from our USB driver page.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY CORE PRIME
- Download Odin 3.10 from here.
- Download the TWRP recovery from here.
- Unzip and extract both the custom recovery and the Odin files.
- Run the Odin program so it’s waiting and leave the custom recovery file on the desktop.
- Completely power off the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime.
- Press the Home, Power and Volume Down keys at the same time and boot it into the Download Mode. You’ll need to press Volume Up from the next screen to finish the job.
- Now connect the handset to the same computer where you have the custom recovery and Odin waiting.
- Click the AP button inside Odin and browse the desktop for the TWRP recovery file, remembering you first needed to unzip the file.
- Leave the Auto Reboot and F Reset Time options checked.
- Make sure the re-partition option is empty or else it won’t work.
- Click the start button and wait until Odin finishes flashing the custom recovery on your device.
Odin will eventually give a pass message on the display. Now you can unplug from the computer and boot into the recovery mode for flashing ROMs.