The following guide teaches you how to root the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925F on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. If you’ve already updated to the latest firmware build number XXU2COH2, you can follow the guide below and find a working rooting method. Here’s all you need to do:
- The guide is only made for the S6 Edge with model number G925F. If you accidentally install it on a different device, download the official firmware build from Samsung Updates and flash the same using Odin. You should now get out of the boot loop.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones from our page.
- Unlock the Developer Options: Settings > About Device > tap the build number until it says it’s now unlocked.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode: Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging and check the box.
- You can only connect your device to a Windows computer to complete this guide.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE RUNNING ANDROID 5.1.1 LOLLIPOP
- Download the rooting file you need made by Chainfire.
- Download the Odin app you need for the Windows computer.
- After you download both files to the desktop, unzip them so you can use them.
- Run the Odin tool and leave it open.
- Start by powering down the S6 Edge completely by holding the Power key.
- Reboot the Edge by holding the Volume Down + Power + Home keys.
- You might need to press the Volume Up key if you see a warning screen. Now all of you should be in the download mode.
- Connect the S6 Edge to the Windows computer with the USB cable.
- Click the AP button in Odin and browse the desktop for Chainfire’s rooting file.
- Click the Start button and Odin will now root the device.
- Wait until you see the pass message before disconnecting from the PC.
Now you are ready to flash a custom recovery on your device. Those not interested in installing custom ROMs might prefer to check out the root-only apps available from Google Play.