Before getting root access on your Lenovo K3 Note, first you must learn how to install CWM recovery on Lenovo K3 Note — CWM (ClockworkMod) is a custom recovery — just like with most other Android devices. Once you have installed CWM recovery on Lenovo K3 Note, you can flash custom ROMs by uploading the ROMs via zip files. Moreover, you can access the custom recovery and upload the SuperSU for your rooting after you have installed CWM recovery on Lenovo K3 Note. Here’s everything you need to know to learn how to install CWM recovery on Lenovo K3 Note and start flashing custom ROMs. Read on to learn more!
- The guide is only for the Levono K3 Note. Don’t try using it on a different Android device or you’ll probably brick the device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Start by setting up ADB and Fastboot. You can learn how to set up ADB and Fastboot on Windows using our guide.
- The Developer Options and USB Debugging should already be on by default, but you can double-check to make sure by heading to the Apps > Settings > Developer Options and looking to make sure the USB Debugging is not empty.
- Download the universal USB drivers to your Windows computer so you have no worries getting the Lenovo device talking to the computer.
HOW TO INSTALL CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY ON THE LENOVO K3 NOTE
- Download the CWM recovery file from here.
- Unzip the custom recovery folder and transfer the CWM file to the same folder where you have ADB and fastboot.
- Completely power down the device and reboot it to the bootloader mode. Press the Volume Down and Power keys for around 5 seconds and you’ll get to the bootloader mode.
- Connect the Lenovo K3 Note to the computer using the USB cable.
- Rename the CWM file to something easier to remember such as cwm-recovery.img
- From the same folder that has the CWM file, right-click the mouse and hold the Shift key to bring up a new Windows menu. Choose to open the command window here from the menu.
- Now you can type the commands to install the custom recovery.
- Start by typing ‘fastboot devices’ to check the device is connected. It it isn’t connected, you should download the drivers and try again.
- Type the next command: ‘fastboot flash recovery cwm-recovery.img’
- Now the custom recovery is installed on your device.
Those of you who want to boot into the recovery mode need this command: ‘fastboot boot cwm-recovery.img’