Do you want to learn how to enter download mode on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge? If so, you have come to the right page. Here we will show you two ways in which you can enter download mode. The first is ready for all users to follow and uses the hardware keys that come with your device. In other words, the default set of keys you all have on the handset. The second method is available for those of you with root access and who might be looking to get things done faster as is so often the case with rooted users.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download mode represents an official operation on your Samsung device and doesn’t require you to backup before you start booting into the said mode.
- Moreover, make sure you have enough battery power on the device. It would be unlucky for the device to switch off during the short guide to reach download mode. However, if it does shut off, you could brick the device. The brick would obviously be a soft-brick situation and not difficult to fix, but it would still brick your device nonetheless. Make sure you have at least 10% battery power before starting the steps.
HOW TO ENTER DOWNLOAD MODE ON SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE
For users with or without root access:
If you are using a device with root access or without root access, you can enter the download mode the same way using the hardware key commands. Here’s the key combination you ought to be pressing to get that done.
- Start with the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge completely off. You can do that by pressing the Power button once, then selecting the ‘Switch Off’ option from the next screen.
- If your screen is frozen or unresponsive, you can press the Power button for ten seconds and you will have the smartphone completely off.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge holding the Volume Down + Home + Power button combination.
- You will now see the download mode displayed on the device.
- Read the screen and choose the Volume Up option to advance past that warning screen. Of course, pressing the other option cancels the download mode and you go back to rebooting your device.
- That’s how everyone can enter download mode on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge using the hardware keys. The nest way demonstrates how to enter download mode on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for rooted Android users.
For rooted users:
- Firstly, make sure you root your Galaxy S6 Edge.
- That guide we just dropped is only for one model number of the S6 Edge which you can clearly see in the title of the guide. If you are using a different model number, you will have to check our guides for your model number. We should have you covered for just about all versions.
- Turn on the device and navigate over to the Google Play Store.
- Sign in to your Google Play Store accounts so you can easily download apps.
- Search for the Quick Boot applications.
- Confirm you want to install the same.