If you want to know how to disable Knox on Samsung Galaxy Note 5, just read the steps and you’ll have it done in seconds. Before we get to the steps, lets briefly take a look at the different types of Knox security you can find in Samsung devices.
Most of you will already know that Knox security is for Samsung devices only, but did you know that there are many types of Knox security? For example, you can get My Knox, Knox Premium, Knox Express and Knox Workplace depending on what device you have. The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with My Knox, so if you want to disable Knox on Samsung Galaxy S5 you must learn how to disable that My Knox feature and not one of the others.
Knox is mobile device security that comes on some but not all Samsung devices. Knox on the Samsung Galaxy Note series started with the Galaxy Note 3 and has since come with the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the Samsung Galaxy Note 5. As most of you might already know, we are yet to see a Samsung Galaxy Note 6, but if we were to guess, we’d assume Knox will be coming the way of that device too. It’s difficult to tell which devices will be getting Knox when they arrive. But from taking a look through the history of Knox, we can see there is definitely a tendency to have Knox on the more popular devices. Though still speculation, it appears as though anything that’s selling enough to be worth Samsung’s time in investing with additional Knox security is what they will do. That’s evident with the Samsung Galaxy Grand, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha, the Samsung Galaxy S4, S5 and S6, the Galaxy J, A and Samsung Galaxy E series just to name some of the more common devices.
- You must have root access on the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 device to complete this guide.
HOW TO DISABLE KNOX ON SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 5
- Download the Terminal Emulator application from the Google Play Store.
- The Terminal Emulatoir lets you type in command. Type these two commands: “Su” followed by “pm disable com.sec.knox.seandroid”.
- Alternatively, you can download the Knox disabler app and remove the Knox notifications on your device.
- Lastly, you can install the Titanium Backup application form the Google Play Store.
- Sign in to your Google account and download the Titanium Backup app directly on your device. Titanium Backup is most commonly used for backing up devices as a nice alternative to the Helium app. In addition to backing up, Titanium can disable Knox apps such as the Knox Notification Manager, Knox Store, KLMS Agent, Knox and at least 2 others regarding the Knox security.