These are the instructions to unroot Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920T. That model number is made for the T-Mobile variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5. If you are in the US, or anywhere else in the world, and are not a T-Mobile subscriber, you should not follow this guide.
- The following guide is put together for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 smartphone with the model number SM-N920T. You can check the model number of your device by heading over to the menu > Settings > About Device and checking out the model number on the display. If yours doesn’t match up with the N920T, you will brick your device by following this guide.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You should download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones before continuing. The drivers play an integral role in helping the program you are running on the computer communicate with your device. Without the correct communication, your device cannot flash the file. Those of you who do not download and install the drivers on your Window PC before starting the guide will likely find that any problem you have during the guide is directly related to the drivers. Therefor, this is the link to come back to if you are having problems later.
- Unrooting the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is how to restore the stock firmware on the device. That’s another way of saying the stock ROM or the stock software that your device comes with when you open it out of the box. However, just because you have the stock ROM doesn’t always mean the warranty is effectively working again. That much depends on what other security your device has in place. For example, any device with Samsung’s Knox security will not get that warranty working again. Samsung devices without Knox will find it working after unrooting.
UNROOTING THE SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 5 SM-N920T
- Download the official Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920T stock ROM from this link.
- Download the Odin flashing tool for your Windows PC from this link.
- Extract the files on the desktop of your computer.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to download mode.
- Connect the Note 5 to the computer using the USB cable.
- Wait for Odin to change the color of the ID: COM port in the app on your computer.
- Those without any color change from the ID: COM port will need to install the drivers or reboot the computer and come back to the guide.
- Click the PDA or AP button you can see in Odin.
- Browse the computer for the location of the firmware file you extracted at the beginning of the guide.
- Once that firmware file is uploaded to Odin, click the Start button and wait for the flashing to now complete.
- You know it’s done when you see Odin give you a pass message on the screen and your device reboots. It can take 10-15 minutes before it’s done.
- Now that you have just completed the unroot Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920T guide, you can no longer install any of the apps that require root access.