The following tutorial demonstrates what you need to root Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 WiFi SM-T800. We know the guide works on the original Android 4.4.2 KitKat this device came with out of the box. In addition to KitKat, it also works on the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop software update. It’s highly possible this guide works for future updates too; however, we cannot see that until they came out. Therefore, we only recommend following this guide for the software updates listed.
- The guide is made to root Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 WiFi SM-T800 running the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, or the earlier Android 4.4.2 KitKat. You can check what Android version your device is running by heading to the Settings > About Device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung Galaxy USB Drivers from the official Samsung downloads page found on this link.
- You are voiding the warranty of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 WiFi by following this guide. You might be able to get that warranty working again if you unroot the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5. That will depend on if your devices comes with Knox security or not.
- You must have a Windows PC to follow this guide. You cannot use the Odin flashing tool on a computer that doesn’t have a Windows-based operating system.
- Make sure you have the USB Debugging Mode enabled from the Developer Options menu. You’ll easily find the Developer Options menu from the Settings menu.
- Those of you without the Developer Options menu musty unlock it. Do that by pointing to the Settings > About Device > tap your finger where it says the build number. After some taps it will let you know that you are now a developer.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB S 10.5 WIFI SM-T800
- Download the CF-Root tool from this link here.
- Download the Odin 3.09 flashing tool you need to flash that rooting tool from here.
- Download both of the above files and move them to the desktop.
- Right-click over the Odin file and select the ‘extract here’ option.
- Right-click over the CF-Root file and select the ‘extract here’ option.
- Double-click the Odin file so that you open and run the app on the desktop.
- Completely power off the Samsung Galaxy Tab device by holding in the Power button until it switches off.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 WiFi in download mode.
- Connect the tablet to the computer using the USB cable.
- Look for the ID: COM port in Odin to change color. That signifies that the USB drivers are working and your device is detected.
- Click the PDA/AP button in Odin and browse the desktop for the extracted CF-Root file.
- Leave the Auto Reboot and F Reset Time options checked.
- Make sure the re-partition box is left empty.
- Click the Start button and your device will be rooted in a few minutes. You’ll know it’s done when you see a pass message on the display of Odin and your device reboots.
That’s all you need to root Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 WiFi tablets. You can now learn how to install a custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 WiFi.