These are the instructions to enter download mode on Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini smartphones. You will need to enter this mode on the device if you are connecting to a Windows computer and applying updates. These updates might be to the ROM or with getting root access. You will also need to enter the mode if you are planning on installing a custom recovery through the Odin flashing tool.
Usually the rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and the locked S4 Mini enter the download mode the same way. The way in which we are referring to is by using the hardware keys.
Just like with any good feature, there are a few ways one can enter the download mode. The manufacturer likes to give options just in case you get stuck and cannot access the mode in one particular way. The most common way and the way in which we are teaching you today is by using the hardware keys. The other two ways you could potentially enter download mode on Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini devices uses an app from the Google Play Store and using the Android SDK. With Android SDK, you are using the command prompt to type a command. The SDK option should be taken for advanced Android users only as it’s by far the most difficult method one can try.
- We only advise you apply these steps on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini device. While the steps may be the same for other devices, we recommend you looking up a unique guide for that device to avoid confusion. In addition to avoiding the confusion, it helps us make changes should we need to make changes for any individual device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download mode on Samsung devices represents an official mode that comes by default on your Android operating system. While it is a part of Android, it’s installed by your manufacturer and not the Google team. The reason Google is not part of this mode is so Samsung can make it to suit their devices.
HOW TO ENTER DOWNLOAD MODE ON SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 MINI
- Start off with the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini switched completely off. You can do that one of two ways. The most common method is by pressing the Power button once and then selecting the Switch Off option from the display. The second method is by keeping the Power button pressed in until the device turns off.
- Now that you have it off, reboot the device by holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Continue pressing the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons until you see text on the display of the smartphone; you should also notice a warning triangle below the text.
- Now press the Volume Up button and your device will be ready to connect to the computer.
There; that’s all you need to enter download mode on Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini smartphones. You can now continue with the guide you were using to root, unroot, install a recovery, official update or anything else that you might have wanted the mode for on your device.