A new official software update is rolling out for the Samsung Galaxy E7 smartphones. The new build number is E700HXXU1BOJ7 and it updates your devices to a newer Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Here’s everything you need to know to install Android 5.1.1 E700HXXU1BOJ7 on Samsung Galaxy E7 devices manually using a computer and the Odin flashing tool.
Those of you rolling with root access at the moment should not accept official OTA notifications for software updates since they can brick the device and result in unsuccessful upgrades. The answer to that potential problem is to update manually instead by following the guide below.
- The following guide only updates Samsung Galaxy E7 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with the build number E700HXXU1BOJ7. You cannot install the same firmware file on a different device or you will soft-brick that device. It’s not a huge deal and is easily fixed by following a similar process to this but with your real firmware. There’s just no point in trying it because it’s not going to work and you will soft-brick your device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones. You can get that from the Samsung Developers page available from the Samsung website, or by clicking the link on your USB driver page.
- Ensure you have the USB Debugging Mode enabled on your devices so you can connect it with the computer and start using programs like the Odin flashing tool. You will find the USB Debugging option available by pointing to the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- You must have a Windows PC to complete the steps. The Odin tool does not work unless you are running Windows OS on your computer, laptop or notebook.
HOW TO UPDATE SAMSUNG GALAXY E7 TO ANDROID 5.1.1 LOLLIPOP (E700HXXU1BOJ7 FIRMWARE)
- Create a Sam Mobile account and then download the official firmware from this Sam Mobile page.
- Download the latest Odin flashing tool version for your device from here.
- Extract the Odin file and the firmware file on your desktop of the computer. To do that, move the files from the Downloads folder over to the desktop and then right-click over the files and select the “extract here” option.
- Run the Odin tool by double-clicking over the file. You should see it open on your computer now.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy E7 in download mode.
- Connect the device to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the AP button in the Odin user-interface and browse the desktop for the executable Android 5.1.1 E700HXXU1BOJ7 Lollipop firmware file.
- Click the Start button and Odin will now flash that on your device.
- Wait until you see the Pass message on Odin’s display before unplugging and shutting down Odin.
- Your device should reboot if the Auto Reboot option is checked in the Odin flashing tool. Otherwise, you need to reboot the device manually yourself and then take over your Google account once again.
- You should have no worries finding a working rooting method again if you want to root the Samsung galaxy E7 after updating.