The Samsung Galaxy J7 now has a new software update rolling out over the air that updates the OS to a newer Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with build number J700FXXU1AOK2. Many of you people want to update the device manually since you have root access or other factors that don’t bode well for updating automatically. Here’s everything you need to update Samsung Galaxy J7 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J700FXXU1AOK2 firmware.
- The following guide is only for the International Samsung Galaxy J7 with the model number SM-J700F . We do not recommend installing this file on any other device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones from our page here. If you don’t want to use that third-party link, you may download them from the Samsung Developers page found on Samsung’s website.
- make sure you have the USB Debugging Mode enabled by heading over to the Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Those of you installing this update coming from a custom ROM must wipe the data and factory reset after installing the update and therefore will lose the data that is not backed up.
- We predict you having little trouble rooting the device on this new Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update if that’s what you want to do next.
HOW TO UPDATE SAMSUNG GALAXY J7 TO ANDROID 5.1.1 LOLLIPOP
- Download the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop software update for J7 from Sam Mobile here.
- Download the latest Odin flashing tool from here.
- Extract both files to the desktop of your computer. You should find the J700FXXU1AOK2 tar.md5 firmware file and the executable Odin tool.
- Double-click the executable Odin tool and the app will open on your computer.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy J7 smartphone.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy J7 in Download Mode. Press the Volume Down + Power + Home buttons after the device is first turned off and it will boot into the Down load Mode. Then just follow the on-screen commands by pressing Volume Up before moving to the next step.
- Connect the smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Wait for the ID: COM port to change color in the Odin app and then click the AP or PDA button.
- Click the Start button and the Odin app will now flash that on your device.
- Wait until you see the ‘Pass’ message on the Odin screen and your device reboots. if it doesn’t reboot automatically, you need to get that done manually yourself using your fingers and the hardware keys like you normally would.
- That’s all you need to flash Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J700FXXU1AOK2 on the Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700F smartphone.