- The following guide is made for the International variant of the LG G Flex 2 with model number H995 only. Following this guide on one of the other model numbers won’t work and could brick your device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Note that by following this guide you are voiding the warranty of that device. Unrooting the G Flex 2 should get that warranty working again without too much trouble. However, you’ll need to look into your device specifically to see if that is the case.
- Download the USB Drivers for the LG brand from our USB drivers page. If the LG drivers don’t work, you might want to install the ADB driver found in the same page as part of the ClockworkMod package.
- Make sire you have the USB Debugging Mode enabled by heading to the Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO ROOT LG G FLEX 2 INTERNATIONAL H995 ON ANDROID 5.1 LOLLIPOP
- Download the rooted image from here.
- Download the LG Root tool from here.
- Extract both of the files on the desktop of the computer. Do that by transferring them to the desktop and then right-clicking over each of the files and choosing the “extract here” option.
- Connect your LG G Flex 2 smartphone to the same computer where you have the files. Do that with the USB cable.
- Copy the rootedsystem.image to the devices internal SD card storage and make sure it’s the root of the SD card.
- Turn off the smartphone by long-pressing the Power key until you know it’s off and not just sleeping.
- Hold the Volume Up key and connect it to the computer at the same time.
- Double-click over the ports.bat file and check the COM port number of your device. You’ll need to know that during the guide.
- From the computer’s desktop, hold the Shift key and right-click the mouse.
- Choose to open a new command window here from that new menu you should see pop up on the display of the computer.
- Type the command:
– type the number of your COM port at the end where it says COM.
- Type the second command: id
- Type the third command:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 bs=8192 skip=53248 count=458752 of=/data/media/0/system.img
- Type the fourth command to finish the root access:
dd if=/data/media/0/rootedsystem.img bs=8192 seek=53248 count=458752 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
- And type the last command to make like a branch:
Good job; you all have just learnt how to root LG G Flex 2 International (H995) on Androids 5.1 Lollipop.