Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) have put together a file so you guys and girls who own the Samsung Galaxy J7 smartphone can have a custom recovery installed on the device. Once you have a custom recovery installed on your Samsung Galaxy J7, you can easily install any custom ROMs that are available for your device. Likewise, you can finally take a full backup without having to use adb commands.
- The TWRP recovery file found in this guide is made only for the Samsung Galaxy J7 smartphone. You can install this custom recovery on any model number so long as it is the J7 and not the J5 or any other device in the Galaxy J series apart from the J7.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Installing any custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy J7 smartphone does immediately void the manufacturer’s warranty. You can return back to the stock recovery and get that working again. usually you will find the stock recovery bundled in with the stock firmware when you download it online and flash that manually through Odin. The one exception to that with Samsung devices is Knox security. If your device is a device that comes with Knox security, once you break the seals on that warranty, it won’t work again, even if you flash a stock recovery.
- You must enable the USB Debugging Mode before you can connect your device with the Odin app on the computer. Do that now by heading to the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Make sure you backup the device data before starting. backup any data you do not want to risk losing such as the settings, photos, videos, music files and any other data. You won’t automatically wipe your device, but it’s best to play it safe.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY J7 SMARTPHONES
- Download the TWRP recovery for the Samsung Galaxy J7 smartphone from here.
- Download the latest Odin flashing tool from here.
- Extract both packages to the desktop of your computer.
- Double-click and run the Odin tool so it’s open on the computer.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy J7 into download mode.
- Connect the J7 to the computer where you have the Odin flashing tool open and waiting.
- Click the AP button from the Odin user interface (UI).
- Browse the desktop for the extracted TWRP recovery file.
- Leave the default settings as they are in Odin. For those who already had Odin on their computers but have forgotten the default settings: Auto Reboot and F Reset Time options on and re-partition box empty.
- Click the Start button and Odin will now flash that custom recovery file on your computer.
- Wait until your device reboots and Odin gives you the ‘all clear’ before disconnecting. It can take up to 10-15 minutes for that job to complete.
- Once your device reboots back into normal mode you can either choose to boot it into the custom recovery mode now and start taking NANDroid backups or check out how to root the Samsung Galaxy J7 smartphone.