Just by doing a quick search online, you can easily find web and desktop apps that offers free video conversion. You can use these apps to convert other video formats like AVI, WMV, FLV to MP4 or vice versa. Most of these apps are good for one-time or irregular use. Now, what if you’re looking for a video conversion software for Windows that you can use constantly? One that is reliable enough to keep up with your ever-growing need to download and convert videos (and even audio) to MP4 and other known formats. Well, in that case, how about you try FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate?
What Is It and What Does It Do
FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate is a multifunctional video software. Not only does it convert your videos, it also functions as a video and audio editor, video player, DVD ripper and a video downloader. So with it, you can download videos from various online sources, edit them and then convert them into the format that you want. It’s basically a “Five in One” video software plus it supports a wide range of video formats that can be played on different platforms and devices.
- User-friendly and modern-looking UI.
- Multifunctional – so it’s not just limited to video conversion. It’s actually a “Five in One” software that can convert, edit, play, rip DVDs and download videos online.
- Built-in video/audio player – can load and play videos (and even audio) of different formats including MP4, MP3, WMV, AVI, FLV, 3GP, MKV, MPEG, WMA, M4A, SWF, etc. Great for checking your exported and converted videos and files.
- Users can automatically capture and save snapshots of the video from the player.
- For video conversion, FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate supports a lot of video and audio formats. So if you want, you can easily convert any video to MP4, MKV, AVI, WMV, FLV and MP3, WAV, M4A, WMA, etc. and vice versa. Also supports HD video and YouTube HD video conversion which is great if you have videos that you wish to upload on YouTube.
- Offers high-speed video conversion – up to 6x faster conversion speed. It also supports multi-core processors completely.
- Can be used to rip DVDs and then convert them to any video format that you like – great for homemade video recordings.
- Built-in video editing tools for extracting certain parts of the videos and save them as separate video clips, for merging multiple video clips, for cropping video area size, for adding effects and custom watermarks and for adjusting the video volume.
- Built-in online video downloader – allows you to download videos from various online sources (ex. YouTube, DailyMotion, TED, BBC, etc.) and then you can convert and save them into the format that you like.
- Can convert multiple video and audio files simultaneously.
- Output Folder and Snapshot Folder locations can be changed or customized.
- Supports drag and drop.
- None that I can think of but it would be nice if the built-in player can be resized and loaded in a separate window. A full screen option for video playback would also be a great addition.
If you’re looking for a multifunctional video software that can convert, play, edit, rip DVDs and download online videos, FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate is definitely meant for you. Its features are not as advanced as those professional video editing tools but it fits great for users who wishes to convert, upload and share their homemade video recordings as well as for those who has a lot of videos that they want to download online but can’t seem to figure out how they can get those videos to play on their local media players. In short, this video software is more suitable for everyday personal use.
As I’ve already mentioned, FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate is a “Five in One” video software. With its easy-to-use and modern-looking UI, it makes it easier for you to figure out how to play, convert, edit, rip and download videos just by simply looking at the options on its main toolbar. What I also like about it is that it supports a wide range of video and even audio formats. It also offers high-speed conversion so even if you convert multiple videos at once, the waiting time for the conversion process to finish is justifiable. Plus, you can view the conversion progress in detail.
Another thing that I like about this software is that you can use it to create video clips as well as to merge clips from different sources into one full-length video. This is great if you’re downloading several video clips online (ex. videos from Instagram and Vine) and then merge them into one.
As for its video editing functionality, I have to be honest here. It is limited. There are several things that you can do with it like the crop the video’s area size, add effects by adjusting the video brightness, contrast, hue level and saturation level, add watermark and adjust audio volume but that’s it. Clearly, this software is not meant for advanced video editing. It’s more suited for creating personalized videos.
Functionality wise, you can consider FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate’s video editing feature as a plus. It’s still more of a video converter and online video downloader – which is also good in a way especially if your main purpose is to use it to download videos online and convert them into the format that you want.
With this kind of software, you no longer need to wonder how to convert videos to MP4 and vice versa efficiently. Just download whatever video that you like and convert it to any format that you like.
Just note that this software has a trial version and a registered version. In the trial version, there are certain limitations like converting only up to 5 minutes of the entire video. The registered version (paid version), on the other hand, has no restrictions. This software also supports Mac.
Conclusion and Download Link
If you’re looking for a reliable online video downloader and video converter with “plus” features, you better consider getting the registered version of FonePaw Video Converter Ultimate. It’s great for everyday personal use with no limits to the number of videos that you can download and convert. If you’re not yet sure as to how it will fare to other paid video converters, you can use its free trial version first. I, for one, would use it mainly because of its video conversion and online video downloading functionality. The rest can already be considered as icing on the cake.
Price: Trial Version/Registered Version – starts at $39.95
Version reviewed: 1.4.0
Supported OS: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP (32 bit or 64 bit), also supports Mac OS X
Download size: 36.7MB
VirusTotal malware scan results: 0/66
Is it portable? No