Rooting the Lava Iris 405 smartphone is easily done thanks to the Framaroot application. With Framaroot, we have a simple one-click rooting solution for many smartphones. Rooting your Android device with Framaroot will bring the same results as any of the other rooting methods. Once done, you can install all of the apps from the Google Play Store and other APKs coming from the official developer websites. Just make sure you are installing APKs from the official websites of those developers and not fake websites with malware. Your device is more vulnerable to malware with root access and that’s why you need to be careful what you install. As long as you don’t click anything you shouldn’t, your Lava Iris device will stay as safe as it was without root access.
- The following guide is made for the Lava Iris 405 only and no other smartphone or tablet that is available under the Lava brand. The Framaroot app does work for others devices, but not necessarily the device that’s in your hands. That’s why it’s best to search for a new guide that’s specifically made for your device. We are not listing ever device that’s compatible with this guide here unless you would like to pay me for that.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the universal ADB driver by Koushik Dutta. Koushik is the founder of ClockworkMod and has made a universal ADB driver that should work with all smartphones, including your Lava Iris 405 handset.
- Make sure you have the Developer Options menu enabled. You can easily check if your menu is available by navigating to the Menu > Settings > scroll down the list until you see Developer Options.
- Those who do not see it on the list can head to the About Device menu from the Settings. Everyone will see the About Device since it’s a mandatory menu that doesn’t come or go anywhere. Now from that About Device menu, tap over the build number at least 7 times. As you are tapping, the screen will count you down with how many turns to go until you have unlocked the Developer Options menu.
- Now that everyone has the Developer Options enabled, open it from the Settings and enable the USB Debugging Mode by checking the box for that option.
HOW TO ROOT LAVA IRIS 405 SMARTPHONES USING THE FRAMAROOT APPLICATION
- Head to the Menu > Settings > Security > Unknown Sources and tap the box so you are enabling the Unknown Sources option.
- Download the Framaroot APK from this link.
- Install the app on your device just like you would any other and you should eventually see the Framaroot app icon on your device.
- Tap and open the Framaroot app.
- Choose the Boromir option from the apps front page.
– this is one of the three main exploit option and the right option for rooting your device.
- Wait for the exploit results screen which should soon give you the success message.
- Leave the app once you can see that your device is rooted and check for the SuperSU app available next to your Framaroot icon.
- Do not delete that SuperSU app — you need it to give your internal system permission to install the apps which require root access.