- These are the steps to hard reset or factory reset Sony Xperia SP smartphones. The guide won’t necessarily work for different devices you might have in your hands that fall under a different name. We recommend finding the guide that’s made for your specific device if you do not have the SP variant of the Sony Xperia smartphones.
HOW TO HARD RESET SONY XPERIA SP C5303 DEVICES
- Press the Power button just once and select the option to switch off your device.
– if your devices display in unresponsive, you can long-press the Power button and it will turn off.
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’.
- Tap on the ‘Backup & Reset’ option.
- Tap the ‘Factory Data Reset’ option .
- And now finish by tapping the ‘Reset Phone’ option.
- During the second method for hard resetting your Sony device, we are accessing the recovery mode. The recovery mode is usually where we recovery a device.
- Start by turning off your device: long-press the Power button until your device is off or press the Power button once and select the option to switch it off from the menu.
- Reboot the device normally and wait until you see the Sony logo.
- Now wait until you see the Blue LED light and your devices slightly vibrates.
- At this time start tapping the Volume Up button as quickly as you can in succession and eventually you should see the Recovery mode menu on the devices display.
- Select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option from the recovery mode menu.
– this will now hard reset your device. The factory reset is another terms used for hard resetting.
- The third method also uses the recovery mode but the button sequence to boot your device in this mode is more difficult, hence why we have it after the original method. that is arguable for some people depending on what your hands prefer which is why teaching you both methods is best.
- Start with the device off.
- Reboot by holding the Volume Up + Home + Power button combination.
- Continue holding the said three button combination until you see a logo appear on the display.
- Navigate through the list using the Volume Down button.
- Confirm your choices by tapping the Power button.
- Choose the “Wipe data/factory reset” option.
- Select the “Yes — delete all user data” option.
- Wait until it is complete before selecting the “Reboot system now” option.
Once the device reboots it will be back in normal mode where you can continue using your device and hopefully all your problems are solved.
Good job; that’s how to hard reset Sony Xperia SP devices.