Installing a custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy E5 is what you want to do if you are flashing a custom ROM. The new recovery that’s made for your E5 smartphones is Team Win’s TWRP recovery, and once you fully install it, you are replacing the stock recovery for a new custom version which can flash those custom ROM zip files in an instant.
- The following guide for installing TWRP recovery is made for the Samsung Galaxy E5. More specifically, it needs to be the model number SM-E500M. Those of you who do not yet know the model number of the device in your hands can easily find it by pointing to the Menu > Settings > About Device and taking a look at where it says the model number. It likely needs you to scroll down until you can find it on the display.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers directly to your Windows computer.
- You must follow this guide on a Windows operating system ranging from Windows XP and up with the exception of some versions of Windows RT.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY E5 SM-E500M
- Download the TWRP recovery file from this link.
- Download the Odin from this link.
- Extract them both on the desktop of the computer by right-clicking over the files and choosing the “extract here” option.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy E5 to download mode.
- Run the executable Odin file by double-clicking over the file that’s on your desktop after you extracted the package.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy E5 to the computer using the same USB cable you would normally use to charge the device’s battery.
- Click the PDA/AP button found from your Odin versions user-interface and browse the desktop for the TWRP recovery file.
- Leave the default settings in Odin and click the Start button.
- Wait until you get the pass message from the Odin message box before unplugging from the computer.
- If your device doesn’t reboot automatically, you’ll need to reboot it manually.