- The following steps are put together for the Archos 50 Platinum device. The Framaroot app comes in many different versions and can root many different devices. However, we only recommend following this guide on the Archos 50 Platinum just in case it’s not compatible with the device that’s in your hands.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You are voiding the warranty from Archos by following this guide. All warranty agreements do not include unlocking the bootloader, installing a custom recovery or rooting any Android device and it’s no different with the Archos 50 Platinum device. The excellent news is that you can unroot the device anytime using the Fraamroot app and get that warranty working. That’s only provided that you still have some time left on the original warranty agreement.
- You need a computer to transfer the Framaroot application over to your SD card. The SD card we are referring to during the guide is the internal SD card and not an external SD card. Therefore, you all have the SD card that is required.
- Moreover, you may use any computer — it doesn’t have to be Windows, Mac or Ubuntu. All you are doing is transferring the file from the computer to your internal storage because it’s the safest way to transfer a file across to your device.
HOW TO ROOT ARCHOS 50 PLATINUM
- Download the Framaroot application from its home at the XDA Developers forum page here.
- You want todownload the file directly to the computer of your choice.
- Make sure you have the Unknown Sources option enabled on the Archos 50 Platinum device by pointing to the Menu > Settings > Security > Unknown Sources.
- Connect the Archos 50 Platinum to the computer using the USB cable.
- Copy the Framaroot APk file over from the desktop to the root of the SD card internal storage of your device. The root of the SD card means do not hide it in any of the sub folders.
- Unplug the Archos device from the computer once you know the Framaroot application is on the internal storage.
- Launch your favorite File manager from the Google Play Store if you don’t have one on your device already.
- Once you have installed the Framaroot APK using the File manager, launch the Framaroot app that is now available in your app drawer.
- Tap the Gandalf exploit option from the apps main page.
- Wait until Gandalf roots your device.
- Exit the application and reboot the Archos device manually as you would any other time you were rebooting the device.
Impressive; now you know how to root Archos 50 Platinum devices with just a single click. We refer to this as a one-click rooting tool for Android devices. The Framaroot application marks just one version of a one-click rooting app you can use for Android operating system. Often you don’t get to choose which one works for your device, since they all don’t work on every device.