One of the best rooted apps for your Sony Xperia ZL smartphone is the Unicon app — formerly known as Icon Themer. While I personally preferred the original name due to it being far more catchy, the apps main priority of decking out your UI with your favorite icon packs largely remains the same. If you want the easiest way to tweak the design of what you can see on your display without having to install a custom ROM, the Unicon app should be up high on your list of apps to install after you complete this guide.
Once you learn how to root Sony Xperia ZL smartphone on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, you can install the Unizon app and many more just like it when you visit the Google Play Store.
- The following guide works for the Sony Xperia ZL on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with the current 10.7.A.0.222 firmware. You should downgrade to that firmware build number by flashing the firmware manually using the flash tool before using the guide.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Make sure you backup the Sony Xperia ZL smartphone before starting the guide. Using the KingRoot universal one-click rooting tool does not automatically wipe your data. Furthermore, you aren’t likely to ever brick your device with KingRoot. However, backing up your data is necessary if you want to be able to restore it again at a later date.
- Technically, using the KingRoot tool usually falls under the “how to root without a PC” category; however, we advise you do have a computer to follow this guide. We recommend that because transferring the APK from the computer first is the safest way to transfer the file, even thought it can be done without a PC. With that being said, if you are trying to find a “root Sony Xperia ZL without a PC” guide, you can follow this guide at your own risk.
HOW TO ROOT SONY XPERIA ZL RUNNING ANDROID 5.1.1 LOLLIPOP (10.7.A.0.222 FIRMWARE)
- Download the KingRoot APK directly to your computer.
- Transfer the APK over to the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the Sony Xperia ZL to the computer using the USB cable.
- Transfer the KingRoot APK file from the desktop to the root of the internal storage SD card.
- Unplug your Xpria ZL handset from the computer once you are happy that it is definitely on the root of the SD card.
- Launch a File manager and install the KingRoot app so it is on your device now in app form.
- Open the Xperoa ZL app drawer and tap over the KingRoot icon.
- Tap your finger over the large button within the app that suggests rooting your device.
- Watch and wait for the progress bar to reach 100% and a success message to arrive on the screen.
- Now you can exit the KingRoot app and reboot your device. make sure you reboot it before heading to the Google Play Store to install your apps.
Outstanding; you just learnt how to root Sony Xperia ZL on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Enjoy the new apps waiting or you!