The Huawei P8 Max DAV-701 is most useful when taking advantage of that large display — hence the name ‘Max’. You might want to take advantage of the additional display size by playing apps or even watching content online or from the SD card. When it comes to watching from a smartphone — whether it be movies or gaming — you rely heavily on the performance to dish out enough power to handle the job.
Those of you looking to increase the Huawei P8 Max performance can do that by installing the ROEHSOFT RAM Expander app on your device. Now you can increase the RAM, crank up that performance and have the P8 Max hardware performing better than ever before.
These are the guidelines to root Huawei P8 Max DAV-701 on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
- The following guide to root Huawei P8 Max Dav-701 is made for just that: the P8 Max DAV-701. Do not follow this guide if you have a different device. While the same method below will root some other devices, it won’t necessarily root your device and therefore it’s wiser to search for the unique guide that’s made for your device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You are unlocking the Huawei P8 Max bootloader during the guide. You do not need to get the bootloader unlocked before using this guide.
- You must learn how to set up ADB and Fastboot on your computer before starting this guide.
- Make sure you enable the OEM Unlock option from your Huawei settings menu by navigating to the Menu > Settings > Security > OEM Unlock.
- The following guide to root Huawei P8 Max smartphones is made for Windows PCs only.
HOW TO ROOT HUAWEI P8 MAX DAV-701
- You must start by unlocking the bootloader. You can do that by messaging @rowih2012 your IMEI1 number, Serial Number (S/N) and Product ID. From the phone dialer, type *#*#1357946#*#* and wait for it to give you the Product ID.
- Wait for the XDA member to give you the 16 digit unlock code and then head to this Huawei page and read the bottom where it says to click when you have obtained the unlock password.
- Download your custom recovery image from this link.
- Download the SuperSU from this link and copy it over to the root of your P8’s SD card.
- Shift the TWRP recovery over to the same folder as your Fastboot and rename the recovery file to recovery.img
- From within the same Fastboot folder, hold down the Shift key and right-click the mouse to get a new menu. Choose to open a new command window here from that new menu.
- Type the following command in the command prompt window and press enter: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.
- Unplug the Huawei P8 Max DAV-701 device from the computer and completely turn it off by long-pressing the Power key.
- Reboot the P8 Max back up in recovery mode by holding the Volume Up and Power buttons together.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ option from the TWRP recovery menu and choose to upload the SuperSU from the SD card.
- Swipe to confirm you wish to install that SuperSU file and choose the ‘Reboot System’ option from the main recovery menu once it’s done.
You can install the ROEHSOFT RAM Expander app if that’s something you think might interest you.