If you don’t mind spending a few dollars on your rooted apps, some of you might want to check out the eXperince Pro application for rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 devices. If you are wanting to tweak your kernel and give your operating systems and different look, the eXperience Pro app for rooted users can offer a lot of the upside or a new ROM without having to flash a new ROM on your device at all.
- These are the guidelines to root Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 on Android 4.4.2 KitKat with the firmware build number KOT49H.N5110XXDNF1. We recommend you flash that stock ROM on your device before following this guide.
- Likewise, you can only follow this guide on the Galaxy Note 8.0 with the model number GT-N5110. You can find out your model number by pointing to the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Installing the Samsung USB Drivers or the Universal ADB Drivers on your computer before you start the guide. Those of you who do not install the USB Drivers might find the guide doesn’t work since your Galaxy Note 8.0 device cannot talk to the computer and the Odin flashing tool program.
- You must have a Windows computer if you want to follow this guide. The Odin flashing tool and your USB Drivers are made for the Windows operating system and ranging from the Windows XP and up.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 8.0 WIFI GT-N5110 ON ANDROID 4.4.2 KITKAT
- Download the updated CF-Root rooting package you need from here.
- Download the latest version of the Odin flashing tool from here.
- Extract the two files from above to the desktop of the computer. To to that, first transfer them to the desktop and then right-click over the files and select the option that says “extract here” from the menu.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 up in down load mode by pressing the Volume Down + Home + Power keys at the same time until you can see the download mode options on the display.
- Press the Volume Up button when it tells you are your Galaxy Note 8.0 device should be ready to connect to the computer in download mode.
- Connect the Galaxy Note to the computer using the USB cable.
- Click the AP or the PDA button you can see that is available from the Odin user-interface.
- Upload the executable CF-Auto-Root file from the desktop that you extracted earlier.
- Click the Start button and the Odin flashing tool will flash that CF-Root exploit on your device, delivering the SuperSU with it.
- The Galaxy Note 8.0 will reboot automatically. If not, you’ll need to get that done manually the way you would normally reboot the device.
- Once the Galaxy Note 8.0 reboots, you are ready to start installing your rooted apps on the device. The SuperSU is already installed thanks to the CF-Root tool.
You can download the eXperience Pro app if you are game enough and looking for ideas to test out on your new rooted Galaxy Note device.