You want to root Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530T devices if you want to install apps like the Greenify app. You can sometimes need to have root access on your Samsung device to flash certain custom ROMs, but you can flash most ROMs by installing a custom recovery only. Furthermore, many ROMs come pre-rooted themselves. The main benefits of rooting will always be the abundance of applications to install on your device. You can do anything from overclocking the CPU and increasing the performance, decreasing the performance of the CPU for added battery life and much more.
- These steps to root Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530T devices using the most current version of the CF-Root tool are based on the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update with firmware build number LMY47X.G530TUVU1AOF8. Flash that same stock ROM on your Prime smartphone using the Odin app on your computer to eliminate any risk of soft-bricking or getting stuck in bootloops.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You can follow this guide if you have unlocked the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime bootloader. It does not work until you get that Grand Prime bootloader unlocked. See Chainfire’s site for more details.
- You must have a Windows PC to follow this guide. The Odin flashing tool by Sammy only works for Windows operating systems.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers to your computer and have them running before you start the guide.
- You must have the Developer Options menu unlocked before you can follow this guide. You can find the Developer Options menu from the Settings. Those who do not see it must unlock it by heading to the Menu > Settings > About Device > tap over the firmware build number.
HOW TO ROOT T-MOBILE SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND PRIME SM-G530T RUNNING ANDROID 5.1.1 LOLLIPOP
- Download the updated CF-Root file for the SM-G530T variant of the Grand Prime smartphone from this link.
- Download the latest Odin flashing tool from this link.
- Shift both the Odin and the CF-Root for the G530T from the default download location to the desktop of the computer.
- Right-click the files one at a time and choose the “extract here” option from the menu.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime smartphone and reboot it up in download mode. That only works if you start with the device completely off first.
- Reach download mode by pressing the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Wait until the display changes and shows you some new text and press the Volume Up button when it says.
- Connect the Galaxy Grand Prime to the computer using the USB cable.
- Wait until you can see the ID: COM port change colors, signifying your USB drivers are working.
- Click the PDA/AP button and upload the updated SM-G530T CF-Auto-Root file you extracted to the desktop earlier.
- Click the Start button when you are ready for the flashing to begin on your device.
- Wait until you see the pass message and the green box light up, letting you know that your Grand Prime is rooted.
You can open the Google Play Store and start installing your rooted apps like the Greenify app.