Samsung has released some DoCoMo variants of smartphone coming from their Galaxy range. One of those devices is the DoCoMo variant of the Samsung Galaxy J. If you own the same and are running the current Android 5.0 software on the device, you can learn how to root Samsung Galaxy J SC-02F DoCoMo by following the guide after the break.
- These are the guidelines to root Samsung Galaxy J SC-02F Docomo smartphone running Android 5.0 Lollipop. The CF-Root exploit is commonly patched in software updates since it isn’t doing much to your device apart from installing and enabling SuperSU on the device. Therefore, you should check for a newer guide if you are running Android 5.1 or later since this one might no longer work.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You must have the Samsung Galaxy J bootloader unlocked before you can follow this guide to root the same device.
- You must have a Windows PC to follow this guide. You cannot use the Odin flash tool unless it is running on a Windows operating system.
- You must have the Developer Options menu unlocked on your Galaxy J by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build number 7 times.
- You must enter the Developer Options and enable the USB Debugging Mode by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- You are voiding the Samsung warranty by following this guide and rooting your Docomo variant of the Samsung Galaxy J with the model number SC-02F. You can flash the stock ROM by finding the Sam Mobile website and entering your model number in the firmware section. Flash your stock ROM by using the Odin flash tool much the same way you are about to flash your rooting package.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers from our driver page so your Samsung Galaxy J can communicate with your computer and all programs.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY J SC-02F DOCOMO
- Download your rooting bundle for the SC-02F from this link directly to the Windows computer.
- Drag the file from your default download location over to the desktop of the PC.
- Right-click over the file and select the “extract here” to extract your bundle on the desktop.
- You should see the rooting file and the Odin file on the desktop. Double-click on the Odin flash tool and get it to open on your desktop.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy J and reboot it in download mode.
- Connect the Galaxy J to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the PDA button from the Odin user-interface on the desktop of the computer and upload the rooting file you extracted to the desktop earlier.
- Leave the default settings in the Odin flash tool the way they already are from downloading a fresh copy.
- Click the Start button and the Odin flash tool will now flash your rooting exploit on the Galaxy J smartphone.
- Wait until you get the ‘pass’ message and your Galaxy J reboots before closing the Odin flash tool and unplugging from the computer.
- You can now start installing your apps that require root access from various sources around the web. You already have SuperSU on your device, so you do not need to install it from the Google Play Store.
Those people who cannot get the DoCoMo variant of the Samsung Galaxy J rooted by following the steps above should try installing the Samsung USB Drivers, or install a different version of the Odin flash tool. Since it was the Odin 3.07 you used in the steps, you should try Odin 3.09 to the Odin 3.10 next. Sometimes it requires a different Odin version to work.