We now have a working rooting method for many DoCoMo variant of Samsung devices thanks to Samsung’s most popular hacker in the world, namely Chainfire. Chainfire makes the CF-Root and the CF-Auto-Root tools which install and enable SuperSU on your Galaxy S6 device so you can grant the root access to the apps that need it to run. Apart from allowing the SuperSU, Chainfire’s tools don’t really do anything to your Samsung devices. That’s why the experts say CF-Root is more for people who are new to Android rooting in general. It also comes with little consequence. Though many will panic when stuck in a bootloop, you can easily fix these issues by flashing the stock ROM on the device.
So, without further ado, let’s see how to root Samsung Galaxy S6 SC-05G DoCoMo on Android 5.0.2.
- These are the guidelines to root Samsung Galaxy S6 SC-05G DoCoMo running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop software. The CF-Root tool has a knack for getting patches rather easily by Google, so you should see if there’;s a new guide available if you ever get the Android 5.1 or even Android 5.0 Marshmallow update.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You must have the Samsung Galaxy S6 bootloader unlocked before you can root it using any of Chainfire’s tools like the CF-Root we are using in this guide.
- You can only follow this guide using a Windows PC or else it won’t work. The Odin flash tool is only made to work with Windows and the drivers that you install on a Windows computer.
- You must have the Developer Options on your Galaxy S6 unlocked so you can enter the same from the settings menu. You can unlock that by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > build number 7 times or until it says you are now using the device as a developer.
- You must enter the Developer Options menu and enable the USB Debugging Mode. You can do that now on your S6 device by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for your computer so your Galaxy S6 can talk to the programs and the computer without any worries.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 SC-05G ON ANDROID 5.0.2 LOLLIPOP
- Download the S6 SC-05G rooting package from this link.
- Shift the file to the desktop and right-click over the file.
- Choose the “extract here” option from the menu. You should now see the Odin flash tool file and the rooting file you need.
- Double-click on the Odin flash tool and the app will open on your computer. Once you can see the Odin user-interface, proceed to the next step.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone and reboot it up in the download mode.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S6 to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the PDA button you can see from the Odin user-interface and upload your CF-Root package you extracted to the desktop earlier.
- Click the Start button and that rooting exploit will get flashed on your Galaxy S6 device.
- Wait until you see the ‘pass’ message and your S6 reboots before closing down Odin and starting to install your new apps.
Those of you who cannot get the guide to work should install a new version of the Odin flash tool that is not the same as the Odin 3.07 used in this guide. Sometimes you need to try a few Odin versions before one works for your device. These issues are random and cannot be calculated.