- The following guide is made to flash a custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy E7 smartphone only. Do not flash this same TWRP file on any other device. They usually have only one file that is made for each device, so you risk bricking your device if you are attempting this without the E7 handset.
- Furthermore, you need to have either the E700H or E700F model number variants. You can check your E7’s model number by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- There are two main reasons why the custom recovery might not flash on your Samsung Galaxy E7 using the Odin flash tool below. The main reason is if you haven’t installed the Samsung USB Drivers or the universal ADB Driver. The second reason is sometimes you need to try a few different versions of the Odin flash tool for it to work on your device. You must remember that the Odin flash tool was never official released by Samsung, and as such, can sometimes have a mind of its own. Therefore, you should try downloading one of the older versions of the Odin flashing tool such as the Odin 3.09 or the 3.07 if the 3.10 doesn’t work for your device.
- You must enable the Developer Option from the Settings before you start the guide. You can do that on your E7 by pressing the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY E7
- Download the latest Odin flashing tool from this link.
- Download your TWRP recovery for the E7 smartphone from this link.
- Extract both files on the desktop by right-clicking over the files and choosing the option that says “extract here” from the menu.
- Turn off the E7 device and reboot by holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons.
- Look at the E7’s display and release the three buttons and press the Volume Up button by itself when it tells you to do that.
- Connect the E7 to the computer using the USB cable.
- Click the AP button — or the PDA button if you are using an older version of the flash tool — and browse the desktop for the TWRP executable file.
- Click the Start button without changing any Odin default settings.
- Wait until you get the pass message and the odin flash tool reboots your device automatically.
You can close down the Odin app on the computer and start using your Samsung Galaxy E7 smartphone with the new custom recovery installed. You should find pressing the Volume Up + Home + Power key combination gets your device in the custom recovery mode so you can use the features like the NANDroid backup option. You only can boot into the custom recovery starting with the device off first. Once you root the Samsung E7 handset, you can install the Quick Boot application and enter the recovery and other various modes via the app.