Samsung Galaxy A8 owners with the model number SM-A800F can now flash a custom recovery on the smartphone so they can start taking complete backups without adb commands and upload zip files for new ROMs.
These are the guidelines to flash CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A8 SM-A800F.
- You must have a Windows PC to flash the CWM file using the Odin app during this guide.
- The CWM recovery file in this guide is made for the Samsung Galaxy A8 with the model number SM-A800F only. You can check your A8’s model number matches by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers on your computer before you start the steps. Now your Galaxy A8 smartphone can talk to the computer and its programs that are running like the Odin flash tool.
- Once you know everything is able to communicate and the Samsung Drivers are working, the only thing that can go wrong is the version of the Odin flash tool. Try installing other versions of the Odin if you cannot get your file to flash using the version features in this guide.
- You must unlock the Developer Options from your A8’s menu by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device and then tap the Build Number at least seven times.
- Enter the Developer Options and turn on the USB Debugging Mode by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- You are voiding the warranty by flashing a custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy A8 smartphone. You may get the warranty back again when you flash the stock ROM back on the A8 device.
HOW TO INSTALL CWM RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY A8 SM-A800F
- Download the Odin for your computer from this link.
- Download your CWM Recovery file directly to your computer from this link.
- Drag the files from the default download location over to the desktop of the computer.
- Right-click over the files and click on the “extract here” option from the menu.
- Long-press the Power button on your Galaxy A8 smartphone and wait until the device is off completely.
Reboot holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons to reach download mode.
- Press the Volume Up button when it says to do that from your Galaxy A8’s display.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy A8 smartphone to the computer using the USB cable.
- Click the PDA button or the AP button you can see from the Odin user-interface display and browse the desktop for the extracted CWM file.
- Do not change any of the default settings from the Odin app on the computer.
- Click the Start button and Odin will now flash that on your device.
Soon you will see a pass message and the Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone reboot, letting you know that you are ready to unplug from the computer and start using your custom recovery.