Those of you with an unrooted Samsung Galaxy S3 can tap on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Software Updates and install the OTA update that way. Once this firmware build is no longer the latest available, you will have to follow this guide and update manually if you want to be running KTU84P.E210KKTUKNI3 firmware.
Those of you with a rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 should always update manually using the firmware file and the Odin flash tool just like we are teaching you below.
- You must have the Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone with the model number SHV-E210K to follow this guide.
- You must have a Windows PC to follow this guide and update using the Odin flash tool for Samsung devices.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones to your computer and install them before you start the guide.
- Unlock the Developer Options menu by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number seven or so times and it will let you know when it’s unlocked.
- Turn on the USB Debugging Mode option by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO UPDATE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 SHV-E210K TO ANDROID 4.4.4 (KTU84P.E210KKTUKNI3 firmware)
- Download the KTU84P.E210KKTUKNI3 Android 4.4.4 firmware from this link.
- Download the Odin 3.09 from this link.
- Move both files from the default downloads folder over to the desktop. You can click and drag them over.
- Right-click over each of the files and choose the “extract here’ option from the menu.
- Double-click over the Odin executable and get it to open up the program on the desktop. Leave it open.
- Long-press the Power button on your Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone and wait until it turns off completely.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S3 SHV-E210K device up in download mode.
- Connect the S3 to the computer with the USB cable you would normally use for charging the battery.
- Click the PDA/AP button from the Odin user-interface and browse the desktop for the E210KKTUKNI3 tar file.
- Click the Start button and wait for the Odin flash tool to flash that official firmware file on your S3 device.
- Wait for the Odin app on the computer to give you the pass message from the box and for your Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone to automatically reboot.
- Manually reboot the S3 if you did not have the ‘Auto Reboot’ box checked from the Odin user-interface.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone with the model number SHV-E210K is now running on the KTU84P.E210KKTUKNI3 firmware. You can check the same from the Settings > About Device menu.
Now you can find out how to root the Samsung Galaxy S3 SHV-E210K running on Android 4.4.4 KitKat KTU84P.E210KKTUKNI3 firmware if you want to customize your device with a custom ROM, run any of the rooted apps, or install a custom kernel.