- You must be running KTU84P.E210KKTUKNI3 Android 4.4.4 to safely root using this version of the Cf-Auto-Root tool.
- You must have the Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone with the model number SHV-E210K to follow this guide.
- You must have a computer running Windows to complete this guide using the Odin flash tool.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for your mobile phone from our USB Driver download page. You should get those up and running on your computer before you start the guide just in case your drivers need updating. Once the drivers are working well you can start connecting your computer, the Odin app and the Samsung Galaxy S3 device so they can work together.
- You might need to unlock the Developer Options menu on your Galaxy S3 smartphone so you can enter the menu and turn on your USB Debugging Mode. You can unlock the menu by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number seven times. Keep tapping and it will tell you that you are using the S3 as a developer.
- Now you can enter the Developer Options menu on your Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone and enable the USB Debugging Mode by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 SHV-E210K RUNNING ON ANDROID 4.4.4 KITKAT
- Download the CF-Auto-Root file for the E210K for Android 4.4.4 from this link.
- Download the Odin 3.09 from this link.
- Extract both of the files to the desktop by right-clicking over them and choosing the “extract here” option.
- Run the Odin executable file by double-clicking your mouse over the same.
- Leave the Odin flash tool open on your desktop since we are connecting to it in a minute.
- Long-press the Power button your Galaxy S3 and wait until your device turns off completely.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S3 SHV-E210K up in download mode.
- Connect the Galaxy S3 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable that you use for charging the battery.
- Click the PDA/AP button that is available from the Odin user-interface.
- Upload your CF-Auto-Root tar file for the E210K device — you extracted it on the desktop earlier.
- Do not change any of the default settings from the Odin user-interface.
- Click the Start button and wait for the Odin flash tool to flash tha trooting exploit on your S3 smartphone.
- Wait until you see the pass message box and the Galaxy S3 reboot automatically when it’s all done.
- Those who never see the S3 reboot will need to reboot the device manually before using the rooted apps.
Take control of your Google account once the Samsung Galaxy S3 reboots and then head over to the Google Play Store to search for your rooted apps you have been wanting to install.