- You can only use this guide to update the Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphone with the model number SM-E500H. Check your E5’s model number by tapping over the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number. Flashing the stock ROM in this guide on any other model number from the E5 range will probbaly brick that device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers from the dot Tech USB Drivers download page. Have those Samsung drivers up and running before you start the guide. Most problems with the Odin flash tool are caused by the drivers not working.
- You may need to unlock the hidden Developer Options menu on your Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphone by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number at least seven times or more. It will eventually say you are now a developer.
- Now you need to enable the USB Debugging Mode option from the Developer Options menu you just unlocked. Do that by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO UPDATE SAMSUNG GALAXY E5 SM-E500H TO ANDROID 5.1.1 LOLLIPOP
- Download the Android 5.1.1 LMY47X.E500HXXU1BOK1 firmware for Russia, Caucasus countries, Ukraine, Vietnam, Unknown, Thailand, Philippines, Cambodia or Indonesia.
- Download the Odin 3.09 flashing tool from this link.
- Extract the files to the desktop of the computer by first transferring them to the desktop and then right-clicking on the files and picking the “extract here” option.
- Double-click the Odin executbale file and leave the flash tool open on your desktop.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphone by long-pressing the Power button, or by quick-pressing the Power button and picking the Power Off from the menu.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy E5 up in download mode.
- Connect the Galaxy E5 to the computer with the USB cable you would usually use for charging the battery.
- Click the AP/PDA button and browse the desktop of the update tar file.
- Click the Start button without changing any of the default settings from the Odin user-interface.
- Wait until the Odin user-interface gives a pass message and your E5 device reboots automatically before unplugging from the computer.
You can head over to the About Device menu and check that your Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphone is now running on the LMY47X.E500HXXU1BOK1 firmware to confirm the guide has worked.