These are the instructions to root Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A500FU running on the Android 5.0.2 software update. You are using the Odin flashing tool, the CF-Auto-Root tool by Chainfire and a Windows computer during the guide.
- You must follow this guide with the Samsung Galaxy A5 device that has the SM-A500FU model number. Any other model number in the Samsung Galaxy A5 smartphone range will probably get bricked due to the fact that it will require a different and unique file.
- The CF-Auto-Root tool by Chainfire found in this guide is based on the LRX22G.A500FUXXU1BOJ6 firmware ID and Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. You do not need to be running that same firmware to use this guide; it’s more of an indicator. We do, however, only recommend following this guide for Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for the Galaxy A5 device and install them on the Windows PC before you start the steps.
- Unlock your hidden Developer Options menu on the Samsung Galaxy A5 smartphone if it isn’t unlocked already by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number 7 times.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode from that same Developer Options menu by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY A5 SM-A500FU RUNNING ANDROID 5.0.2
- Download the CF-Auto-Root package for the Galaxy A5 A500FU from this link.
- Download the Odin flashing tool version 3.09 from this link.
- Extract the files on the desktop by right-clicking on the files and selecting the “extract here” from the menu.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone so that it is completely off and reboot to download mode.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy A5 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the PDA or the AP button you can see from the Odin user-interface and browse the desktop for the tar.md5 file extension.
- You do not need to change any of the default settings found from the Odin user-interface.
- Click the Start button when you are ready for your smartphone to get flashed with the rooting script.
- Do not touch any buttons on the smartphone or the computer 8ntil thje flashing is complete. You can tell when it’s complete by checking out the display of your smartphone.
- Keep looking at the smartphone’s display until it says it is about to reboot in 10 seconds and watch to see if it reaches recovery mode. It must boot in recovery mode for the guide to work and normally this happens automatically for you.
Anyone who does not see the Samsung Galaxy A5 smartphone boot to recovery mode must make that happen now manually by holding the Volume Up + Power + Home keys during the booting phases.