Any TV box that can run apps similar to a smart TV can be implausibly useful. Apps for rooted users on a smartphone are usually best for tweaking the performance, creating better battery life, backing up more conveniently and removing the bloatware. When it comes to anything to do with a TV, you want to use your root to help create better features and run apps that are useful to watch on your television screens.
These are the guidelines to install TWRP Recovery on AMLogic K200 based TV sticks.
- You must have root access on the AMLogic K200 TV sticks before you can follow the part in this guide using the TWRP Manager application.
- You should have a computer handy if you are using the SD card method (no root required).
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON AMLOGIC K200 TV STICKS
- Open the Google Play Store application directly on your device.
- Search for the TWRP Manager app.
- Open the TWRP Manager once it finishes downloading.
- Select your device from the menu.
- The TWRP Recovery will be flashed on your AMLogic K200 device.
- Exit the app and you’re done.
- Download the TWRP file for the K200 from this link directly to the computer.
- Connect the AMLogic K200 device to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the TWRP file over to the root of the removable storage SD card.
- Rename the file “recovery.img”.
- Turn off the device completely and reboot it by pressing the Power button and holding the reset button.
- Navigate to the ‘Install’ option, followed by ‘Images’.
- Browse for the recovery image you put on the SD card and follow thew prompts to confirm its installation.
The official TeamWin Recovery Project is now running on your device as a custom recovery. Anyone looking to go back to the way things started should be checking out how to flash the stock recovery.