These are the guidelines to root Huawei Mate 8 L-29 running the Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) update.
- Install a custom recovery on the Huawei Mate 8 smartphone before you attempt the rooting guide. Our guide offers you TeamWin Recovery Project, but you can use a different recovery if you have it available and would prefer something other than TWRP Recovery
- The following guide is intended for the Huawei Mate 8 with the model number of L-29. Check what your model number is by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number and make sure it is matching up.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Make sure you backup your device’s data before you start the guide for rooting the Huawei Mate 8 device. You likely just took a backup if you have gone the whole nine yards with unlocking the bootloader, installing a custom recovery and are now rooting the device. Those who are just rooting should take a fresh backup of the data like the Settings, Contacts and so on.
HOW TO ROOT HUAWEI MATE 8 L-29 RUNNING ANDROID 6.0
- Download the SuperSU from this link directly to the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the Huawei Mate 8 L-29 to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the SuperSU zip over to the internal storage SD card.
- Unplug the Mate 8 device from the computer and the USB cable.
- Boot the Huawei Mate 8 device in the recovery mode and it will boot the TWRP you installed earlier.
- Choose the ‘Install’ option from the recovery menu.
- Browse the SD card for the SuperSU zip file.
Swipe to confirm you wish to install that zip on your Mate 8 device and it will flash the SuperSU which grants the rooting permissions on your device.