- You can only install the TWRP image in this guide on the Google Asus nexus 7 2012 WiFi model of the tablet or else you will probably brick the device you are using.
- You must have a Windows computer to follow this guide.
- You can have the Google Nexus 7 2012 WiFi either rooted or unrooted and follow this guide; it is not a requirement to have root access to the internal system already.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download and install the universal ADB Driver on your computer running Windows operating systems before you start the guide. Those who do not get that done risk the guide not working. It’s best to save yourself time in the long run and install the drivers before you begin so you don’t have any problems.
- You will probably need to unlock the hidden Developer Options from the Asus Nexus 7 2012 settings by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number 7 times.
- Now that you have the Developer Options menu unlocked, it’s time to enable the USB Debugging Mode option by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON ASUS NEXUS 7 2012 WIFI
- Download the TWRP image for the Asus Nexus 7 2012 WiFi model from this link.
- Set up ADB and fastboot on your Windows computer by using our detailed and award winning step-by-step guide.
- Copy the custom recovery file over to the same folder as your ADB so that they are both in the same directory and ready to go.
- Connect the Google Nexus 7 tablet to the computer with the USB cable.
- Within the ADB and fastboot folder, hold down the Shift key and right-click the mouse to bring up the new menu where you need to select the “open a new command window here” option. You should see the command prompt open on your display.
- Type your first command to reboot the bootloader of the Nexus 7 tablet:
adb reboot bootloader
- You should now see the Asus Nexus 7 tablet boot in bootloader mode if you look at the display. Now it’s ready to have the custom recovery flashed on the device. You do that by issuing the next command.
- Type the following command to flash the TWRP:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Search Google and find out the correct key combination to boot your device into the recovery mode. Know the key combination in your head and get ready to press that same combination as soon as you confirm the last command.
- Here is your last command:
By holding the right key combination, your Asus Nexus 7 device should now reboot in the TWRP Recovery mode. This is an important step because once it gets in the custom recovery it will override the stock recovery. Sometimes if you do not press the recovery key combination the stock recovery will override your custom recovery during the first boot. You should now find the custom recovery installed on your device forever, or until you choose to go back and flash the stock recovery.