There is no official CF-Auto-Root package made up for the Value Edition of the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime as of yet. Instead, we are going to install a pre-rooted firmware which is essentially the same thing.
- The steps in this guide are for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G531F Value Edition with the model number SM-G531F only. There a few model numbers similar to this Grand Prime device, so make sure you have the correct model number or else you will brick the device. You can find out what your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime’s model number is by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for the Grand Prime and your computer running Windows OS and install them before you start the guide.
- You may need to unlock the Developer Options menu before you can enable the USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy Grand Prime Value Edition. To do that, tap Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number 7 times.
- Turn on the USB Debugging Mode by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND PRIME VALUE EDITION SM-G531F RUNNING ANDROID 5.1.1
- Download the pre-rooted firmware for the Grand Prime SM-G531F from this link.
- Download the Odin 3.09 from this link.
- Right-click over the files when you have them on the desktop and choose the “extract here” from the menu.
- Double-click the Odin executable (.exe) file that is on the desktop and the Odin flashing tool will open.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime VE smartphone and boot it up in download mode.
- Connect the Galaxy Grand Prime VE smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the PDA/AP button found on the Odin user-interface and upload the tar.md5 file that’s on the desktop.
- Leave all of the Odin default settings the same way they were when you first opened the app.
- Click the Start button and the Odin flashing tool will apply the pre-rooted firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime value Edition.
- Wait until it gives you the pass message on the computer and the value Edition smartphone reboots automatically.
You should now have no issues installing your root-requiring apps like the Titanium backup application from the Google Play Store on your new Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Value Edition smartphone.
Now you can learn everything you need to install TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime value Edition so you can start taking complete backups for the first time without having to use any adb commands. Additionally, you might be interested in installing a custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Value Edition so you can install new ROMs and get away from that over-bloated Samsung ROM that comes with your device out of the box.