- You must have the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime with the model number SM-G531F to use this guide without bricking your device. That’s the Value Edition’s model number. You can check out what you model number is by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number.
- You can follow this guide with a rooted or unrooted Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime value Edition smartphone. The TWRP will install just the same.
- You must have a computer that runs Windows operating systems to use this guide. Most versions of Windows should be compatible.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for smartphones directly to your computer and run them before you start the guide. You should have the Samsung drivers running to ensure you get the files flashing and the device connected to the Odin flashing tool properly.
- Sometimes the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime value Edition will need to get the Developer Options unlocked. You can do that for yours by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number 7 times.
- Enable the USB Debugging Modes on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Value Edition by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Understand that by installing a custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime device, you are voiding the warranty. You can always install the stock ROm on the Grand Prime handset and the warranty will work again, provided you haven’t rooted the device.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND PRIME SM-G531F
- Download the TWRP for the Grand Prime VE from this link.
- Download the Odin 3.09 from this link.
- Shift the files over to the desktop and right-click the mouse over them to select the “extract here” option and have them extracted so you can use them.
- Double-click the Odin executable and run that Odin flashing tool on the PC so it is open.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Value Edition and reboot it up in download mode so you can flash new files on your device.
- Connect the Value Edition of the Grand Prime smartphone to the computer with the USB cable you would normally use for charging the device’s battery.
- Click the PDA or the AP button you can see from the Odin flash tool’s user-interface.
- Upload the TWRP file you extracted to the desktop in the beginning of the guide.
- Do not make any changes to the default settings you get from the Odin user-interface.
- Click the Start button and flash that TWRP Recovery file on your Grand Prime Value Edition smartphone.
- Soon your device should reboot automatically and only after the Odin flashing tool gives you a pass message from the Odin user-interface.
You can close the Odin app on your computer and unplug the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime VE device if you want to get going. Otherwise, you might be interested in checking out how to root the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Value Edition so you can complete your customizing experience.