These are the instructions to install TWRP Recovery on HTC Desire 510 smartphones from the USA. A custom recovery will give you more options from the menu once you enter the recovery mode. You should find the same key commands from your device will get you in the recovery mode. Once there, this TWRP offers extras such as the ability to upload zip files, take and restore backups using the NANDroid backup feature and more.
- Use this guide if you have the American version of the HTC Desire 510 only. You will find the Desire 510 is available in more regions than just the United States. using a device without the US model number will likely get bricked.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the TWRP recovery file for the Desire 510 from this link directly to the computer.
- Set up ADB on your Windows PC so you can run the ADB commands from the command prompt on the computer and flash your recovery that way; it’s the official way that is given by Team Win — the developers of your custom recovery.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON HTC DESIRE 510 (USA MODEL)
- Those of you who do not yet have the Developer Options unlocked from the Settings on the Desire 510 handset can do so now by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number 7 times.
- From the Developer Options menu, enable the USB Debugging Mode by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode. Now you can connect your HTC Desire 510 to the computer and give your device ADB commands.
- Connect the HTC Desire 510 to the computer with the USB cable.
- Transfer the TWRP Recovery image to the same folder as your ADB.
- Open the TWRP and ADB folder and hold the Shift key whilst right-clicking the mouse to bring up a new menu on the computer.
- Choose to open a new command window here from the menu.
- Type the first command:
adb reboot bootloader
- The HTC Desire 510 will now boot in the bootloader mode you need it in to issue the ADB commands. Now we are about to flash the custom recovery on your device.
- Type the next command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- You should find your HTB Desire 510 is now being flashed with the custom recovery image file. TWRP will soon be on your device.
- Reboot your Desire 510 back in normal mode by giving this command:
We recommend entering the hardware key combination for recovery mode as soon as you type the “fastboot reboot” command. Sometimes reboot can wipe the custom recovery with the stock recovery. To prevent such as thing from happening, you want to boot it directly in recovery mode after you type “fastboot reboot”.