TWRP Recovery is now available for the Huawei P8 smartphone and will allow users to reboot to various modes among other things. With regards to just the reboot options, users can reboot the system, reboot to recovery, power the Huawei P8 off and reboot to bootloader mode. By using your custom recovery on the Huawei P8 to reboot to the bootloader mode, you are not having to use adb commands from a command line.
These are the instructions to install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P8 smartphones.
- You can flash the TWRP image in this guide on the Huawei P8 smartphone but no other devices otherwise you risk bricking the handset.
- You must unlock the bootloader on the Huawei P8 smartphone before you can use this guide for installing TWRP Recovery on the device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the universal ADB Driver and install it on your Windows computer before you start the guide. That driver will mean your device can connect with the computer and adb so you can issue the commands.
- Unlock the hidden Developer Options menu on the Huawei P8 smartphone by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number 7 times.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode from the Huawei P8’s settings by tapping on Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON HUAWEI P8
- Download the TWRP Recovery package for the Huawei P8 smartphone from this link.
- Set up adb on the computer running Windows by following our guide on that and then come back and complete the steps for this guide.
- Copy the TWRP Recovery over to the same folder as the adb and leave the folder open.
- Connect the Huawei P8 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- From within the adb folder, hold the Shift key on the keyboard and right-click where there are no files to bring up a new menu. Now choose to open a new command window from that same menu.
- Type the command and press Enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Type the next command to flash the recovery:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Type the last command:
Sometimes the Huawei P8 smartphone will not replace the stock recovery with the custom recovery during the first boot. Look up the hardware key combination to get the Huawei P8 smartphone in recovery mode and press those same keys when you are applying the last “fastboot reboot” command to rectify the problem. Your Huawei P8 should now boot in the TWRP Recovery and once it does that once, you will always have the TWRP on your device until you choose to go back to the stock recovery.